Sometimes we tend to deny our feelings to someone because we knew that there is something wrong with him/her.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Script for a Rizal Play

Nag-browse ako ng notes ko sa FB dahil gusto kong tignan iyong poem na ginawa ko for english then nakita ko ang note ko na ito. Natuwa lang ako kasi ang sweet ng lines :) Hindi lahat ng lines dito, ako ang gumawa. Iyong iba, nabasa ko lang sa internet. Ganoon kasi ang ginawa namin sa Humanities---nag-connect-connect kami ng lines para sa isang drama play. Then ito, nag-come up kami sa drama na ito about Jose Rizal and Leonor Rivera. Sayang nga lamang, hindi sila happy ending... Hihi. So ito na iyon: (Sorry if may wrong grammar. Kailangan kasi namin dito ng english script kasi may kaklase kaming foreigner sa Rizal noong 1st year...)


* I could still remember those days.. Those days filled with love and romance..

She was the love of his life for 11 years. A love that might have lasted.. If only..



*flashbacks..



N: A woman got off from a jeepney.. The moment he saw her, he was mesmerized.. His heart beats faster on the sight of her.. At that moment, he knew.. He was in love..



Rizal: Not to be rude, but may I ask your name?

Leonor: (smiles) I am Leonor and you are?

R: Jose. My name is Jose. Are you from around here?

L: No. I came from Camilling, Tarlac. How about you?

R: No. I was from Calamba Laguna but I've been here much longer.





N: The conversation went on until they parted ways..



*courtship/playing songs..





Rizal: I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I'm with you.. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself but more so for what you are making of me.

Leonor: And I love you too Jose, because you attempt to perfect my being of kindheartedness -- to live a life of love goodwill and gracious compassion..

R: If I had the whole world to write on to express how much I love you, it wouldn't all fit. No words can express how much I love you.



N: And then they had a relationship..



R: I'm leaving, Leonor. Just remember I will always love you. Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that's how I'll remember you.

L: There is an end to all things no matter how much we want to hold on to them, but I'll wait for you and please, do not forget me whatever happens, Jose.

R: I promise. I'll send you letters. This isn't goodbye for us. Never say goodbye because I know on one sunny day we will meet again

L: There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart..



N: Then rizal go.. Leonor waited for him to come back but then Rizal didn't come back anymore. She waited for him until one day.. He doesn't fulfill his promises that he will send her letters.



Mother: I want you to be married to this British Engineer, Henry Kipping..

L: What? But I'm waiting for Rizal. He promised to come back for me, Mom. He's the one I love. He's the one I'm gonna marry with.

M: I don't like Rizal for you. He doesn't fit to be with you. He's a Filibustero. And Rizal didn''t come back, right? Choose Henry. He's the one I want to be with you. You are perfectly perfect for each other. Don't wait for Rizal, he had forgotten you and just forget him too.



N: Then Leonor doesn't have a choice. She believed that Rizal had forgotten her.


Henry: Just give me time, Leonor. And I’ll get you over with Rizal. You are, and always have been, my dream. I love you and I'm begging you to marry me. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours..

L: Do I have a choice, Henry? My mother wants me to get married to you. And I think, Rizal had forgotten me by now. I'm accepting your proposal no matter how it hurts. Just give me time to fall for you. I'm gonna make myself to love you too.

H: Thank you. I'm holding on for what you said.


N: Leonor and Henry got married when Rizal decided to come back..


Rizal : Maybe love is not just about being with the person you love. Maybe sometimes its about letting her go to be with the person she destined to be with...

(end of flashbacks..)


Then last scene, where Henry will kiss Leonor's forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment