Sometimes we tend to deny our feelings to someone because we knew that there is something wrong with him/her.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Eponine

Last Monday, me and my classmates watched Les Miserables in SM Calamba. Actually, I don't have plans in watching this---but when I heard that its an award winning movie, I told myself, why don't watch it? Besides, my friend Melanie really loves to watch it. I joined her with my friends even if we are 12 minutes late on the showing of the movie.

Honestly, at first, I really don't enjoy watching the movie. It seems boring to me. I'm not a fan of musicals---or should I say, I really don't watch musicals. I have watched but its just because my professor in Humanities required us to watch 2 musical movies. I didn't enjoy it so when I found out that its a musical movie---even award winning---I expect myself to get bored in the movie.

But later part, I was thrilled. And understand the movie...but my feelings didn't get attached until the big Eponine come out.

Eponine is the daughter of Thenardiér and Madame Thenardiér---an inn owner and also "thieves" in the movie. She grew up with Cosette whom the Thenardiér's treat like a maid when she was still a child. Cosette is like "Cinderella" (I even told it with my friend Melanie) and Eponine is like her step sister. Eponine is treated like a princess when they were still young and Cosette is like a pauper. But years later, things in Thenardiér's family is not the same. They became poorer but still Eponine's parents is still thieves.

Eponine has a huge unrequited crush on Marius---a dashing student revolutionary. She is in love with him. But Marius just see him as a friend. Because I didn't read the Les Miserables book or even read a review of it, I didn't know what will happen. So I just thought that maybe, Eponine will be the third party between Cosette and Marius. She's the villain. 

BUT I AM WRONG.

I have late reactions in this movie, actually. I never cried in the movie house but I get more attached to Eponine when the movie is already finished. I realized how martyr she was and I feel so pity because of what happened to her. All she wants in the world is to be loved by Marius---to be in his arms. It happened...but after that, she died. She died in the arms of Marius...

Her love for Marius is so pathethic. Even if she already knew that Marius have a huge thing for Cosette, she still pines for him. Maybe some other people will think her characters is not the goody-goody type like Cosette but I still like her! I actually LOVE her! Maybe because I am more in love with the characters who have bad sides, or should I say not adorable but have a tough personality.

And God, the song "On My Own" really made me cry when I got home and raped the replay button in Youtube. I immediately download the song and until now, I'm still having LSS. I love all the lines and I pity Eponine more while she's singing this... It was so heart breaking for her... especially this lines:

"Without me, his world will go on turning... A world that's full of happiness that I have never known... I love him... But only on my own."

Her character really inspires me a lot. And yes, I'm gonna soon make a character like Eponine. Not maybe a bad Eponine... but a martyr Eponine. And I am so excited about it!!!!


xx
Cady



No comments:

Post a Comment